Place: Badalona, Barcelona. Spain Conclusion: Ongoing Surface: 115.092 sqm
The master plan defines the future growth and development of this 650-bed University Hospital complex. Future needs identified by hospital officials lead to a new healthcare model, providing the necessary tools to facilitate decision-making to carry on the transformation process.
The main features of the new proposed model are the following:
- Reorganization of services and circulation’s improvement in the main building.
- Updating facilities and fire prevention systems.
- Improvement of mobility and accessibility in the hospital.
- Increase of parking capacity.
- Facilities assessment and development of teaching and research ongoing projects.
- Respond to the demand of a new primary care Health centre on the plot.