Typology: Pre-school education and Primary School Education Centre. New work Phase: Competition Surface: 3,573 m2 Promoter: GISA, Gestió SA d’Infraestructures Location: Cardedeu, Barcelona. Spain Architects: Francesc Pernas, Roger Pernas and Bernat Gato
The main objectives of the proposal submitted to the contest are:
1. To have most of the elementary classrooms oriented to the North and looking at the Montseny mountain.
2. To differentiate the pre-school education space in ground floor, having an independent access at the entrance of the CEIP itself and having its own playground.
3. To try to have the best possible sunlight at the playgrounds, preventing the
tallest buildings from overshadowing them.
4. To have an independent access to the kitchen from a street different from the one where the main entrance is located.
5. To provide an easy way of construction without interfering with the normal operation of the school.