Place: Montreux. Switzerland
Surface: 7.254 sqm
Typology: New building, Socio-sanitary
The access building is located on the footprint of the old center built in 1908, retrieving the old entrance front perpendicular to the street. The use of light materials combined with wood contrast with the slate used in the building rooms. This volume houses the lobby and a double crossing space for users and visitors that connects the ground floor with the first floor. The area is lighted naturally using inner courtyards, which soften the shadow areas. The volume of access connects the building from 1984 with the new building of rooms via two glazed corridors in different heights.